I wanted to write this post because I’ve recently been through a lot. Sometimes it’s hard to explain the way we feel to the ones we love the most. I used to be a happy-go-lucky person. It was a front. Inside I was filled with self-doubt and wriggled with anxiety. Going through what I went through, has helped me grow as a person. I’m making better life choices and I’m more mindful than ever. The people I love most are hoping to get the old Amy back. Lately, I don’t want to eat junk food or listen to music that have bad messages. I’m still loving chocolate like I always have but fast foods do not help my anxiety. I’m constantly battling between the person I want to be and the person people want me to be. It’s becoming hard-work. Anyway, the reason for this post is because life isn’t always sunshine and rainbows. Sometimes it’s heavy rain and dark clouds. Here’s 20 things I’ve learnt in my twenties.
20 Things I’ve Learnt In My Twenties
- I’m only human and it’s okay to have emotions
- Other peoples negativity is not mine
- The universe gives you what you give it
- Anxiety does not define me
- Positive thinking attracts more positive feelings
- Certain music feeds my soul
- Realising that something it’s okay to not to be okay
- That I LOVE smoothies
- That you can’t please everyone
- It’s okay to be in my own vibe
- I’ve learnt to love myself for who I am and apologize to no one
- I’m sassy and that’s okay
- That a broken heart can feel like a heart-attack
- That money isn’t everything
- That my mum is always right (Most of the time)
- That life is too short to not do what sets your soul on fire
- That I found my soul mate and I’m one of the lucky ones
- Not to be ashamed of my scars
- That overthinking is not good for me
- That I love being creative (I always knew this but somewhere along the way I forgot).
Any items sent for review will always be my honest opinion. Any sponsored posts or collaborations will be marked using (*). Please see my disclaimer for more info.